We want our PaaS customers to be successful with the Mule platform and tools. Therefore, we need to gauge the user’s knowledge and experience with integration practices and technologies. Users wishing to access the Mule platform will need to request a PaaS initial consultation with the Integration Services team.
- Create an enterprise platform for other teams to use.
- Ensure a stable and reliable platform for all interfaces.
- Foster integration best practices and educate others on integration.
Policies and Procedures
- Platform Access – The Integration Services team will need to create your team’s accounts and grant access to the platform.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Setup - The Integration Services team will provide guides to help your team get the tools installed and configured.
- Code Deployments - DEV and local deployments can be done by the customer as needed. The Integration Services team will need to deploy your code to STAGE and PROD.
- Patches and Upgrades - All interface owners must plan and prepare for patching and upgrading. This could include regression testing, code updates, application upgrades/patches, etc.
- Patches – The Integration Services team will need to patch the environments to support planned and unplanned events.
- Upgrades – The Integration Services team will need to upgrade the environments (both software and hardware) 2 to 3 times per year.
- Unplanned Events
- Unplanned downtime will happen occasionally. The Integration Services team will work to resolve these kinds of events immediately.
- In some cases the Integration Services team will need the support of PaaS customers to help resolve issues, e.g. if an interface your team owns is causing system-wide interruptions or degradation.
- All PaaS customers will need to maintain an updated support contact list for the Integration Services team.
- Coding and Design Standards - The Integration Services team maintains a list of standards and best practices that developers should follow when possible. This list is always evolving and customers are welcome to contribute!
Next Steps for PaaS Customers
- Download and review the PaaS Policies and Procedures presentation
- Schedule PaaS initial consultation with the Integration Services team