Skip to main content
You are here
Time Tracking Integrations
- Obtain leave request information from Operational Data Store (ODS) via Mule platform to UCSF IT PMO instance of Workfront (using Workfront APIs).
- Completed June 2017
Cross Campus Enrollment System (CCES) - Home Campus
- The Cross-Campus Enrollment System is a UC-wide project to provide an efficient means of intercampus communication centered around a student’s enrollment in and completion of a course offered by another UC campus.
- UCSF is participating as a "home" campus with UCSF graduate students taking undergraduate courses at other "host" campuses. As such the scope of this project is to implement a limited set of interfaces in three functional areas.
- Completed March 2017
Ilios to E*Value
- Ilios provides APIs that can be used to extract data from Ilios and E*Value provides APIs to input data into E*Value.
- This project, for the Office of Education & Instructional Support in the School of Pharmacy, used these APIs to develop an interface from Ilios to E*Value via the Mule Platform to populate Schedule information in E*Value. This replaced a very manual process for creating course and lecturer evaluations in E*Value.
- The Ilios APIs are used to gather course, session and learner group information. This data is used by the ESB which calls the E*Value APIs to automatically create course and lecturer evaluations in E*Value for Ilios sessions of type Lecture.
- Completed February 2017
- The scope of the StateServ (DME) Interface project is to implement an interface on the MuleSoft Platform to accept HL7 ADT message from Cloverleaf and send it through webservice call to StateServ (DME).
- Completed November 2016
Student Information System (SIS)
- SIS provides schools, terms, departments, subjects, courses and course enrollment data as separate RESTful web services.
- Integration Services buillt APIs to expose this information.
- The Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) uses the APIs.
- Completed November 2016
- Develop a generic API that will use the existing ServiceNow REST/SOAP API integration to create incident tickets in ServiceNow.
- Applications commonly generate alert e-mails when they cannot connect to a specific service or server. Each application will have a threshold that once reached, requires an incident ticket to be generated in ServiceNow so that the appropriate team can investigate and resolve the issue. The generic API will automate that process and enable applications to create the incident tickets in ServiceNow and utilize existing PagerDuty Escalation procedures
- Completed August 2016
Archibus (Space Management System)
- Developed interface to provide employee and employee location to Archibus from Enterprise Directory Service (EDS) via Java Message Service (JMS).
- Developed interface to receive employee location from Archibus, publish to JMS, update Campus Locator System (CLS).
- Developed API with building metadata from Archibus (building id, floor, room, room-split) for other systems (Service Request System (SRS) and Directory Self Service) to use (will simplify entry of addresses and improve accuracy of address information).
- Completed April 2016
Benefit/role fields to Salesforce's ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Platform
- Provided 5 benefit/roles-related fields in Operational Data Store (ODS) that are not in Enterprise Directory Service (EDS) to enable Benefits HR, the University Relations group and others to send more targeted e-mails to groups at UCSF.
- Completed September 2015
Enterprise Directory Service (EDS) to PeopleSoft Financials
- Keep PeopleSoft in sync with changes to people records made in EDS and support the de-provisioning of users in PeopleSoft.
- Pilot Project for the ESB
- Completed March 2015
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- The Integration Services team worked with the Athena team on a pilot to link Apex, via button and Information Health Exchange - Retrieve Form Data capture (IHE RFD), to SalesForce/OneSource Surgical/Pathology Checklist form which captures data in Salesforce
- The Integration Services team worked with the Advance team in the ITS Enterprise Applications group to help them proxy their CV API on the UCSF API Portal.
- The Integration Services team worked with a research team from the Memory and Aging Center (Department of Neurology- Dementia Care Ecosystem) on a project that to use the Mule Platform to support functional monitoring of study participants through wearable devices and mobile phones.
- The Integration services team in partnership with School of Medicine worked on integration interfaces between Fax2Referrals and APEX,REDOX and Health Stack.
- Mule platform move to Quincy Data Center
- Development servers - May 2017
- Stage and production servers - June 2017
- Completed June 2017
- Platform upgrade from MuleSoft 3.7.2 Enterprise Edition (EE) to 3.8.3.
- Upgrade to provide additional MuleSoft functionality to users and admins, synch the API gateway and Mule ESB core runtime engines to a single runtime version (reducing maintenance overhead), and improve application security.
- Completed February 2017
- API Portal Organization:
- Consolidate the current the two master organizations representing test environments (e.g. Dev, Stage) into one master organization representing all non-production environments - Completed
- Configure both master organizations (e.g. non-production and production) to leverage environments to allow for maximum flexibility in managing APIs - Completed July 2016
- Implemented Single Sign On (SSO) for API Portals
- Upgraded production cluster of Mule ESB (worker nodes) and the MMC from version 3.5.2 to 3.7.2 (Enterprise Edition)
- Upgrade from MMC (Mule Management Console) to ARM(AnyPoint Runtime Manager)since MMC was being fully deprecated as of July,2019
- Performed server security hardening to secure all servers(Dev,Stage) and Prod)
- Create an automated and dynamic mechanism to share information between Agilysys and Computrition.
- Phase 1 - Import Agilysys sales information into the corresponding Computrition menu by date and menu for a specific meal period.
- Phase 2 - Import food cost information from Computrition into Agilysys.
- Phase 1 kicked off in August 2017 and is complete
Community Rev Cycle Interface to Perceptive Content
- UCSF Clinically Integrated Partners has been working on systems to support the billing process/revenue cycle. This integration will obtain zipped files (containing csv files of the metadata and multiple image files) and process these to create documents in Perceptive Content (also known as ImageNow).
- Project kicked off in August 2017, went live in October 2017.
MedHub to Student Information System (SIS) - Phase I and Phase II
- Support the UCSF MedHub Project Team and the Medical Education group within the UCSF School of Medicine in rolling out MedHub UME by facilitating two integrations between MedHub and UCSF’s Student Information System (SIS):
- Add/drop information for course enrollment for students in Years 3 and 4 of UCSF School of Medicine.
- Grades information for students in Years 3 and 4 of UCSF School of Medicine.
- Project kicked off in May 2017 and is complete
- Phase II of the project was completed as of June, 2019
- Implement the Provider Domain component of EMPI/MDM
- Project kicked off in August 2017 and is complete
- Support UCSF’s Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team in rolling out their HR Customer Relationship Management (CRM), by providing data from UCSF Operational Data Store (ODS) to Salesforce staging tables.
- Project kicked off in February 2017, the integration went live with a soft go-live in June 2017. Phase 1 project go-live took place in October 2017.
- Work for Phase 2 includes additional data from ODS to support Management Action Forms in PeopleConnect, replacement of HR Service Request System (SRS) functionality including use of employee location change web service and building metadata API.
PeoplConnect to Perceptive Content
- Support UCSF's Human Resources team to store and maintain select personnel files utilized by both Health and Campus HR . The integration allowed to retrieve the electronic version of personnel files from People Connect to be stored into Perceptive Content (formerly ImageNow).
- Project was completed as of September,2019